Kapaun AS, Bldg. 2806
Walk-ins: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (0700-1130) and Wednesday (0700-1515)
Appointments: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (1300-1530)
DSN: 489-7542; +49-631-536-7542
Kapun NIPR: [email protected]
Sembach NIPR: [email protected]
Sembach Comm: 0611-143-542-2021
Sembach DSN: 542-2021
Global Auto Logistics
Kapaun AS, Bldg 2806
Hours: 0800-1600 Monday – Friday
Commercial: +49 (0) 631 – 3579-0088
Kapaun AS, Bldg. 2807
Hours: Monday-Friday (0700-1500)
Legal Assistance Office, claims sections
Ramstein AB, Bldg. 2137
DSN: 314-480-5911; +49-6371-47-5911
Is your POV safe?
The 86th Vehicle Readiness Squadron Privately Owned Vehicle Inspection Center on Kapaun Air Station provides a free POV mechanical inspection to the Kaiserslautern Military Community. With more than 30,000 vehicles inspected each year, our goal is to ensure POVs are maintained and operated in accordance with USAREUR Reg 190-1.
You may be asked to replace, repair, or clean an item in order to pass the inspection. These measures are to ensure proper safety conditions and requirements. To make your POV inspection stress-free, please read on.
When you arrive at the Inspection Station:
- PERMANENT License Plates must be properly mounted with screws/nuts/bolts
- Temporary Plates can be mounted with zip ties, rope, wire or any means to secure plate temporarily. You also need to show us you have the means of installing permanent plates with screws/nuts/bolts/plate bracket
- Normal operating hours are 0700-1500
- Take a minute to review the informative signs posted along the driveway and ensure you have the following required items in your vehicle:
- First Aid Kit (DIN 13164)
- Warning Triangle
- Reflective Vest
- (These items are inspected at the beginning of the inspection process. If you don’t have these items ti will cause you to fail the inspections.)
Without an AE Form 190-10 or 1901AA (Renewal Application), the inspectors will not begin the inspection.
For safety reasons, please wait at the stop sign until an inspector waves you forward.
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers:
■ Is the Kapaun POV inspection part of 569th U.S Forces Security Police Squadron Vehicle Registration office?
o No, POV Inspection personnel are assigned to the 86th Vehicle Readiness Squadron
(See the “What you need to register your vehicle” section below)
■ Do the civilians speak only German?
o No, our civilians are fluent in English and German
■ When are the busiest times to get my vehicle inspected?
o First thing in the morning (7 am-8 am) Lunchtime (11 am. to 1 pm.) and before we close (2:30- 3 pm) is the busiest time to get your vehicle inspected
■ Is the inspection free?
o Yes, inspection is free. However, personnel have the option to utilize any German TUV vehicle inspection, and if passed the full inspection, they can register their vehicle without us having to inspect it.