It’s become painfully obvious, given all that’s going on with regard to the pandemic, that Black Friday new-vehicle promotions this year will be like no other. As has been the case with mass-merchant retailers like Target and Walmart, automakers rolled out their post-Thanksgiving deals early, and they remain in effect through the end of the month.
Already we’ve seen seismic shifts in the new-car business, including the proliferation of full-electronic transactions and contact-free home test-drives and delivery. Dealerships across the country will likely remain open for business to conduct Black Friday deals in person, but they’ll be subject to restrictions, especially with regard to social distancing and the number of shoppers allowed in a showroom at a given time. Some dealers may require prior appointments for in-person sales and test-drives, so be sure to check before heading out the door.
After a disastrous COVID-19-induced slump earlier in the year, new-vehicle sales have since picked up and inventory is said to be running thinner than usual. But with production having ramped up the factory-fresh 2021 models are rolling in, with both automakers and dealers anxious to whittle down their remaining 2020 stock.
That’s why Black Friday deals are the richest on what have now become last year’s models. You may not have the greatest number of choices with regard to trim levels, colors and options, but you can certainly garner a great deal driving home a 2020 model.
You’d be hard-pressed to find a new vehicle that doesn’t carry a cash back deal of at least $500-$1,000 or cut-rate financing as low as 0.0%. We found no fewer than 45 cars, trucks, and SUVs from the 2020 model-year being offered this month with cash-back rebates over $4,000, and 27 greater than $5,000. The biggest rebates are being slapped on the hoods of the 2020 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV (which are redesigned for 2021) at a whopping $9,500. And keep in mind that a cash rebate can be applied to your down payment, which can either keep more cash in your pocket, lower monthly payments, or help you qualify for better car-loan rates if your credit history is dicey.
We’re listing the biggest cash back offers of $5,000 or more, as well as the most-affordable lease deals of the month being offered as part of automakers’ Black Friday promotions at the bottom of this post.
The offers we’re noting largely come from the Midwest area, but since they can vary by region to meet specific local supply and demand issues, be sure to check automakers’ websites with your zip code entered to both find deals that may be specific to where you live. You might also come across last-minute extra sweeteners dealerships and manufacturers may enact as a last-minute measure. As always, additional incentives may apply to any of our best deals this month, such as those often offered to recent college graduates and members of the military or other groups.
Take heed that promotional lease deals like the ones featured here are only available to borrowers who have top-tier credit scores. If your credit history is pockmarked with late payments you’ll probably be asked to pay more. Also note that leases come with strict mileage limits; exceed them and it could you $0.20 or more at the end of the term.
Best Black Friday New-Vehicle Cash Back Rebates:
- 2020 Buick Enclave: $6,250
- 2020 Cadillac Escalade/ESV: $9,500
- 2020 Chevrolet Equinox: $5,250 (except L)
- 2020 Chevrolet Suburban: $6,250
- 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV: $8,500
- 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid: Up to $5,000
- 2020 Dodge Challenger: Up to $7,170 (varies by horsepower)
- 2020 Dodge Durango: Up to $5,350
- 2020 Ford Edge: Up to $6,500 (ST and Titanium)
- 2020 Ford Explorer: Up to $5,750
- 2020 Ford EcoSport: Up to $6,000 (SES and Titanium)
- 2020 Ford Edge: Up to $5,750
- 2020 Ford Expedition: Up to $6,250
- 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali: $5,250
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata Plug-In Hybrid: Up to $5,000
- 2020 Kia Sorento: $5,500
- 2020 Kia Cadenza: $5,000
- 2020 Lexus ES: Up to $5,000
- 2020 Lexus ES Hybrid: $6,000
- 2020 Lexus LS: Up to $7,000
- 2020 Lexus IS: Up to $6,500
- 2020 Lexus LC: Up to $7,000
- 2020 Nissan Leaf: Up to $6,000
- 2020 Nissan Murano: Up to $5,500
- 2020 Nissan Titan/XD: Up to $5,000
- 2020 Toyota Avalon: Up to $5,000
Best Lease Deals $199/Month Or Less:
- 2021 Buick Encore: $199/36 months with $1,229 down (current lessees)
- 2021 Chevrolet Trax: $189/39 months with $2,229 down
- 2020 Honda Accord: $199/36 months with $3,199 down
- 2020 Honda Civic $179/36 months with $2,699 down
- 2021 Honda HR-V: $189/36 months with $2,699 down
- 2020 Honda Fit: $169/36 months with $1,999 down
- 2020 Hyundai Elantra: $139/36 months with $2,499 down
- 2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric: $169/36 months with $2,199 down
- 2020 Hyundai Kona: $179/36 months with $2,299 down
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe: $189/36 months with $2,899 down
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata: $159/36 months with $2,799 down
- 2020 Hyundai Tucson: $179/36 months with $2,699 down
- 2020 Hyundai Venue: $159/36 months with $2,399 down
- 2021 Kia Seltos: $189/36 months with $2,699 down
- 2021 Kia Soul: $179/36 months with $2,699 down
- 2021 Kia Sportage: $199/24 or 36 months with $3,299 down
- 2021 Kia Forte: $169/36 months with $2,499 down
- 2021 Mazda3: $189/36 months with $2,499 down
- 2020 Nissan Sentra: $149/36 months with $2,899 down
- 2020 Nissan Leaf: $199/36 months with $199 down
- 2021 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6; $199/36 months with $1,899 down (Midwest area)
- 2021 Toyota Corolla, Hatchback, or Hybrid: $129/36 months with $2,999 down (NY area)
- 2020 Toyota Camry: $179/30 months with $2,999 down