Is your car’s Check Engine Light on? Do you want to repair
your car yourself rather than take it into the shop? Are you a shadetree mechanic
(DIY)? If so, then this site is for you!
This site is the premier OBD-II ( a.k.a. OBD2 ) trouble codes resource site.
Instead of just giving you a cryptic description of what a trouble code means,
we offer a lot more information on trouble codes: troubleshooting tips, symptoms,
and possible solutions. We strive to give you the most troubleshooting information
as possible, in one site. We also feature car repair forums,
where you can ask questions, totally free.
Recently added or updated trouble code articles:
- Check out FordF150.net, F150 Forum
- Mar 8/19 – P0880, P0881, P0882, P0883, P0884, P0885, P0886, P0887, P0888, P0889, P0890, P0891, P0892
- Mar 7/19 – P0863, P0864, P0865, P0866
- Feb 6/19 – P2336, P2337, P2338, P2339, P2340, P2341, P2342, P2343, P2344, P2345, P2346, P2347
- Feb 5/19 – P2300, P2301, P2302, P2303, P2304, P2305, P2306, P2307, P2308, P2309, P2310, P2311, P2312, P2313, P2314, P2315, P2316, P2317, P2318, P2319, P2320, P2321, P2322, P2323, P2324, P2325, P2326, P2327, P2328, P2329, P2330, P2331, P2332, P2333, P2334, P2335
- Jan 5/19 – P228A, P228B, P228C, P228D, P228E, P228F, P229A, P229B, P229C, P229D
- Dec 21/18 – P2288, P2289, P2290, P2291, P2292
- Oct 19/18 – P2243, P2244, P2245, P2246, P2247, P2248, P2249, P2250, P2257, P2258, P2259, P2260
- Sept 16/18 – P206E, P206F, P2070, P2071
- Sept 11/18 – P204F, P205F, P2059, P2060, P2061, P2062, P2063, P2064
- Aug 20/18 – P204A, P204B, P204C, P204D, P204E, P219C, P219D, P219E, P219F
- Aug 13/18 – P2042, P2043, P2044, P2045, P2046, P205A, P205B, P205C, P205D, P205E
- Aug 12/18 – P2037, P2038, P2039, P2040, P2041, P209A, P209B, P209C, P209D, P209E, P20E6, P20E7
- Aug 3/18 – P2029, P2030, P202A, P202B, P202C, P202D, P202F
- Jul 25/18 – P0817, P0818, P0819, P081A, P081B, P081C, P081D, P081E
- Jul 5/18 – P0814, P0815, P0816
- Jul 2/18 – P201A, P202E, P20F6, P20F7
- Jun 26/18 – P0812, P0813
- Jun 20/18 – P0803, P0804, P0810, P0811
- Jun 11/18 – P0800, P0801, P0802
- May 31/18 – P0893, P0894, P0895, P0896
- May 10/18 – P2280, P2281, P2282
- May 1/18 – P20D7, P20D8, P20D9, P20DA, P20DB, P20DC
- Apr 28/18 – P20DD, P20DE, P20DF, P20E0, P20E1
- Apr 26/18 – P20CB, P20CC, P20CD, P20CE, P20CF, P20D0, P20D1, P20D2, P20D3, P20D4, P20D5, P20D6
- Apr 17/18 – P2047, P2048, P2049, P2050, P2051, P2052, P2053, P2054, P2055, P2056, P2057, P2058
- Apr 13/18 – P20B9, P20BA, P20BB, P20BC, P20BD, P20BE, P20BF, P20C0, P20C1, P20C2, P20C3, P20C4, P20C5, P20C6, P20C7, P20C8
- Apr 9/18 – P200C, P200D, P200E, P200F
- Mar 31/18 – P2251, P2252, P2253, P2254, P2255, P2256
- Mar 29/18 – P2231, P2232, P2233, P2234, P2235, P2236, P2237, P2238, P2239, P2240, P2241, P2242
- Mar 28/18 – P200A, P200B, P2425, P2426, P2427, P2271, P2273, P2274, P2275, P2276, P2277
- Mar 23/18 – P20EC, P20ED, P20EE, P20EF, P20F0, P20F1, P20F2, P20F3
- Mar 15/18 – P0AFD, P0A7E, P0AFC
- Mar 12/18 – P2A01, P2A02, P2A04, P2A05
- Mar 10/18 – P0A7F
- Mar 7/18 – P219A, P219B
- Mar 6/18 – P0A7D
- Feb 19/18 – P245A, P245B, P245C, P245D
- Feb 18/18 – P2556, P2557, P2558, P2559, P2560, P260A, P260B, P260C, P260D, P253F
- Feb 17/18 – P06AF, P06B0, P06B1, P06B2, P06B3, P06B4, P06B5, P253A, P253B, P253C, P253D, P253E, P254A, P254B, P254C, P254D, P254E, P255A, P255B, P255C, P255D, P255E codes added
- Jan 24/18 – P069E, P069F
- Jan 9/18 – P068A, P068B, P0688, P0689, P0690
- What’s New Archive
Frequently Asked Questions
Recent OBD-II Forum Discussions
- engine miss: P0301
Replaced all spark plugs, coil pack and injector at # 1. Still has a miss, won’t reach 50 mph….
- Honda Accord P1454
Getting an OBD II code: P1454 (Honda Accord 2014)
Manufacturer controlled auxiliary emissions controls, what is this and is it serious. Car is starting and running fine, but my ABS, steerin…
- 2007 Honda Odyssey xl P0766
I have 2007 Honda Odyssey code Po766 no power or start no lights but the balttery is ok it says shift solenoid stuck off in my obd scab…
- Ford F350 Powerstroke ICP sensor circuit?
Wheres the ICP sensor low circuit on a 2003 Ford F-350 6.0 superstroke?
I seen videos where it shows on top and some underneath the turbo on passenger side? How can I know wheres is mine …
- P0356 DTC Toyota Avalon
Can someone tell me where is the #6 ignition coil located on my Toyota Avalon 2006 ?…
- VW Jetta Hybrid P0556
Have problem P0556 Jetta Hybride 2013 USA and the breake presure pump was broken.
The new one breake presure pump was instaled but it was working only one week and was ovehated.
After that …
- Toyota Matrix 2010 High ref counter
Hello, please I do have an issue with my Toyota Matrix 2010 with 2ZR engine and manual gear, I had a bad valve and I changed it all and the ref counter as been high, 1.5 to be exact. after I…
- Volvo S80 codes P200A84, P200835, P200817
I start to feel unusual and more severe vibrations while stationary. Also the car performance is worse when accelerating.
Trouble code scanner showed me three codes:
- obd code 0507
Car idling too fast at times and not at others…
- Audi A4 P0606 P0638 P0642 Stabilisation Control (ESC) Fault
It’s Audi A4 1.8 2012 model.this car start then shutdown immediately. Stabilisation Control (ESC) Fault! See owner’s manual. i try to use OBD2 scan tool so there is the code found.( P0642 )s…
- 2007 Toyota Sienna Code po101
Check engine light came on. Took car to shop but they keep cleaning the mass air flow (3x) and after each clean the check engine light came back on, so I finally had someone else replace the…
- Dodge Dakota p0004,p0158,p02098 codes
What likely trouble with all codes reading out same time. Dodge dakota 2006 v6 3.7 eng.The codes are p0004, p0158 and p02098. Thanks Earl Durrett…
NOTE: This information is presented for information purposes only.
It is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions
you take on any vehicle. All information on this site is copyright protected.